This cute little cafe was one of the first good breakfast places to open up along the Victoria Park strip about 2 years ago.
I’ve been to Crumpet a number of times before and have had the pleasure of indulging in their delicious homemade crumpets, huge vegetarian breakfast and the breakfast tortilla.
Today was time to try something different though, and as I was dining alone with my book, I thought I’d go down the naughty path and order something a little more indulgant than I normally would.
That my friends, is the french toast filled with oozing cheddar cheese and beautiful shaved ham, with a side of apple and pear chutney. This was a really delicious breakfast and whilst it may not be so good for those watching their cholesterol, I have to give the staff in the kitchen full credit for producing a dish that was really light and tasty, and not at all greasy. The chutney on the side was nice and sweet and gave a nice little kick to the sandwich.
I also was able to help balance out the fatty goodness with my freshly squeezed orange, lemon and ginger juice.
Unfortunately for those coffee drinkers (which I know make up a significant proportion of my readers) I’m not able to review the coffee. Haven’t had a cup in over 10 years!
I really like this cafe. Its small, the staff are friendly, the food is delicious, plentiful and really well priced!
The only downside is that it does lack a bit of atmosphere inside and can get really noisy when it gets busy. Fortunately I was able to nab a table outside and enjoy the sunshine on this visit.
I’d have to say that Crumpet is in definitely in my top 5 of place to have breakfast in Perth. It doesn’t quite beat my all time favourites of Mrs S and Milkd but it come pretty damn close.
- Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible
- Vegan and Vegetarian: A few vegetarian dishes that are really tasty – not sure how they would go with a request for vegan food. If you know, drop me a line.
- Service: A little on the slow side but then they are always busy, and the staff are really friendly.
- Cleanliness: Looked good to me!
- Affordabilty: Really well priced and the dishes are very generous and filling.
- Atmosphere: The interior borders on being a little drab but overall its good.